Frank Lampard (Chelsea - New York City - Manchester City (loan))
Frank Lampard is to join Manchester City on loan, the club announced on Wednesday. The former Chelsea midfielder has signed a full-time contract with New
York City but will be available to play for Manuel Pellegrini’s side in
the Premier League because
Lampard was released by Chelsea after a 13-year stay in June and signed for New York City on a two-year deal
in July.
The England international midfielder is on loan from the US side until January.
"This is a new chapter of my career and I'm really excited about the experience," said Lampard, 36.
"I'm looking forward to getting into training and making a contribution for Manchester City."
Lampard added: "Joining up with Manchester City is a fantastic opportunity for me to continue to train and play at the top level and make sure I am in top condition for New York City."
Pellegrini said "Frank is a world-class midfielder and this is an opportunity which works perfectly for everyone, the player, Manchester City and New York City.
"I'm looking forward to working with him and integrating him into our squad."
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti said "I didn’t know this. I'm really surprised because I thought he was coming here to play in USA to play."
Frank Lampard
Born- Romford on 20 June, 1978
West Ham United 1995-2001 - 187 appearances
Swansea City loan 1995/96 - nine appearances
Chelsea 2001-2014 - 649 appearances
New York City FC - July 2014
England caps - 106
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기